Terms and Conditions
- “Renter” is any party who signs the rental agreement OR any additional driver competent to drive the rented vehicle in Seychelles.
- “Bargain Car Hire” is a registered business under the legal framework of Seychelles & mentioned in the rental agreement.
- “Vehicle” means any car, van, scooter or any mechanically propelled vehicle for the purpose of any agreed rental period.
- “Damage” means any damage(s) caused to the rented vehicle or any third party property by collision, theft or by any means thus altering its initial condition.
- Renter must produce a valid driving licence issued by competent authorities and be at least 6 months before the rental date. An international driving licence should however be produced together with the normal driving licence in the event it is in any languages other than English.
- International driving licence is not compulsory if you’ll be visiting Seychelles for a period of less than 3 months.
- Renter must produce originals of his/her driving licence and passport as a proof of identity at the time of collection of booked vehicle.
- Renter must also present a valid Credit Card(Visa, MasterCard, Amex) for the full settlement of outstanding rental fees and for the pre authorisation of the excess/deductible/security deposit. Debit cards are not accepted.
- Excess deposit refundable payment is mandatory and is accepted in either cash or by pre authorization by credit card.
- Security deposit may take up to 15 working days before being released as per banking procedures.
- Excess deposit is also accepted in cash and will be refunded upon drop off if car is returned in the same condition at pick up time.
- Bargain Car Hire will not release any cars if the excess amount is not provided upon delivery of vehicle.
- The excess amount varies from 300 to 1500 EUR depending on car categories or models.
2.1 Booking: Online, Email, Phone
Car can be booked online through our secured website, by email or by phone.
- 10% of the total rental price displayed online is required to secure a booking with Bargain Car Hire. Remaining 90% is to be paid upon delivery at the rental desk in either CC ( or cash. To be noted that online offers are the best rate.
- Email reservation may be done at firstname.lastname@example.org. However the charges might be higher than online offers. Full payment will be required prior to your reservation date.
- Phone reservation is also possible on +248 2 607050 on Weekdays to Saturdays between 9am to 6pm. Full payment will be processed prior to delivering the car at any locations.
VEHICLE: Cars group/model,Inspection,Use
3.1 Cars groups and models
- We cannot guarantee any particular make or model that has been booked by the Renter. Cars on display and listed are the most commonly used but may be substituted at our discretion for planning purposes or by any unforeseen circumstances such as mechanical breakdown or accidents. Alternatively same category of cars will be offered in terms of engine capacity, transmission mode and boot space.
- In the event we are unable to provide same category of car or any upgraded option (without any surcharge) we’ll issue a complete refund of the initial deposit.
- In case we have no other option than to provide a downgrade category of vehicle with your approval prices will be revised and adjusted accordingly.
- Bargain Car Hire excludes any liability of any additional charges, compensation or any direct or indirect loss resulting from any such changes.
- A joint pre hire inspection shall be carried out between the ” Renter” and our agent before taking charge and full responsibility of the vehicle. All apparent defects and fuel level shall be listed and signed by both parties.
- A post inspection shall also be done upon drop off of the rented vehicle in the presence of our agent. The post inspection form must be duly signed by both parties to avoid any conflictual issues, which might arise later. It is the responsibility of the Renter to sign the post inspection form failing which the Renter shall bear any further charges that may be billed to him at a later stage.
3.3 Use of Vehicle
- The Renter shall make use of the vehicle responsibly with due care and attention and maintain its good working condition.
- Renter shall also be responsible to any additional devices such as GPS, car seat and return same in the initial condition. Additional extras are not covered by insurance.
- The Vehicle shall at all times be locked when left unattended. Subsequently any loss or damage caused to an unlocked Vehicle shall be solely the Renter’s responsibility.
- Vehicle is delivered spotlessly clean and shall be returned as far as practicable in the same condition of neatness. A cleaning fee might be charged to the Renter in cases where the vehicle is returned in advance messy condition.
- The Renter shall abide to the Road Traffic Act in force in Seychelles and shall be liable to any fines resulting in any breach accordingly during the rental period.
- The Vehicle shall be returned in the same condition as at the commencement of the rental. Renter shall be liable to reimburse Bargain Car Hire for any damage(s) caused to the Vehicle, and refund Bargain Car Hire for any costs it incurs.
3.4 Maintenance / Mechanical Problems
- All maintenances and mechanical repairs are undertaken by Bargain Car Hire unless or otherwise with the written approval of Bargain Car Hire. The fees and expenses of any repair(s) undertaken without any written consent will not be reimbursed to the Renter.
- All vehicles are rented in a roadworthy condition. However the Renter must immediately stop the vehicle in the case of any abnormality indicated by the instrument panel warning lights or any other reason the renter believes any mechanical problems could arise. Renter shall at once inform Bargain Car Hire of any such issues.
3.5 Roadside Assistance
- During the hiring period the Renter is entitled to a free 24 hrs roadside assistance in cases of mechanical breakdownonly or accident. However in cases of negligence the Renter shall incur an extra fee.
- In cases of dead battery by negligence an extra fee of SCR500 will be charged to the Renter.
- Bargain Car Hire reserves the right to provide a replacement car in cases of road accident.
- Renter shall return the Vehicle at the agreed place, date and time mentioned in the rental agreement.
- Extension of the hiring period shall be notified to Bargain Car Hire at least 2 days before the end of the rental date.
- The rental rate is calculated on a daily basis. A 30 minutes grace is normally applied at the end of the hiring period after which the Renter shall be charged for one additional day.
- Renter shall return the vehicle at the time specified on the rental agreement failing which additional charges will be applied.
- In the event of an accident Renter shall immediately inform Bargain Car Hire and seek guidance and advice.
- In the Seychelles where in accident occurs, the involved parties must acquire a Police Report.
- No insurance ( normal or extra insurance) will cover damages or repairs cost in the event where renter has failed to submit the “Police Report”.
- In cases of complexity the Bargain Car Hire team will intervene within the least possible delay and take charge of the situation.
- In the event the vehicle becomes un-roadworthy resulting from an accident Bargain Car Hire reserves the right to replace the car within the same category . If replacement cars is not available for any other reasons, Bargain Car Hire reserves the right to cancel the booking and will refund the car rental amount for any unused days as from the date of the accident.
Terms of Payment
- A 25% of the total rental price is required to have a firm reservation from Bargain Car Hire.
- Remaining balance shall be effected at the time of delivery by the Renter in either Cash (Euro, USD or SCR) or by Credit Card. However a 5% commission shall apply in addition to the total rental fee as bank charges if payment is done by credit card. To be also noted that a selling rate will be apply for conversion into SCR.
Cancellation & Refunds
- What is the cancellation policy for fully prepaid or part-paid bookings?
- If you cancel up to 7 working days prior to your pick up, you will be refunded in full. If you cancel less than 5 working days no refund will be accepted.
- If your online payment is less than €50, no refund will be made for your car hire booking.
- All cancellations should be notified by email at email@example.com
- If your booking is made less than 72 hours before pick up, the cancellation policy will automatically apply to your booking.
- Amending your booking or cancelling optional extras may not be possible less than 24 hours before pick up.
- No refund will be accepted for email or phone reservation for last minute cancellation.
- There will be no refunds on unused days of rental or for early return.
- Hirer shall bear all administration or commission fees for all refunds by bank transfers or Credit card.
- All rentals at Bargain Car hire come along with an ”All Comprehensive Insurance Cover” which include CDW (Collision Damage Waiver ) , Third Party and TP (Theft Protection) with a deductible or excess varying from 300 to 1500 Euros depending on the car models or categories. You therefore limit your financial liability to the deductible or excess amount. However you’ll not be covered by our insurance in cases of drunken driving or gross negligence. To be noted that we will block the excess amount on your credit card as a deposit. If you return the vehicle undamaged, the deposit will be released immediately.
- Please see below deductible /excess amount for different car categories :
- Budget Tier € 300
- Standard Tier € 300
- Comfort Tier € 1000
- SUV Tier € 1500
Insurance waivers or extra insurance :
At Bargain Car Hire you can also opt to reduce the excess to half by paying an additional daily rate to your normal rental charges but which is non refundable. This simply means that if any damage occurs to your rented vehicle you won’t be liable to pay the total deductible or excess as you already chose to go for an extra insurance. To be noted that we’ll block half the excess amount on your credit card. However extra insurance excludes the following :
- Accidental damage to windows, tyres, undercarriage, exterior mirrors, headlights and roof
- Loss of keys
- Loss of personal belongings
- In cases of drunken driving
- Loss for extras like GPS and car seats
- Renter or any additional driver shall be liable to any fines or contraventions under the Road Traffic Act during the hiring period.
- Any fines or penalties resulting from a breach of the Road Traffic Act shall be billed to the Renters credit card when the rented vehicle was under his sole responsibility. It must be noted that Bargain Car Hire might be served with any kind of summons or notice from the Seychelles Police for any breach of the traffic rules in force even after Renter departed from the Jurisdiction of Seychelles. Such fines will be billed to the Renter and failure to settle any such fines will be reported to the Police and Renter might be refused entry in Seychelles for any forthcoming visit at the Immigration desk.
- Renter shall be accountable to any damage(s) if the vehicle is returned in a condition other than listed during the joint pre hire inspection process.